Projected Tax Impacts
The Barre Unified Union School District Board has finalized its proposed school budget which will be voted on in June. The proposed budget is $49,947,503, a 2.9% increase from last year's general fund.
For those who like the details:
- Education Spending (a key number in determining tax rates) is up 1.7%.
- Equalized pupils are decreasing by 5.2 pupils.
- Education Spending per Equalized Pupil is up 1.95%.
- The resulting projected equalized tax rate (using the latest figures the legislature is working with) in Barre City is $1.41, a 0% change from last year. Due to reappraisal, Barre Town is down by 29 cents or $1.34.
Bottom Line: For those who pay their education taxes based on the value of their property, here are the projected homestead tax rates after the CLA adjustment is applied:
- Barre City: $1.41, no change from last year.
- Barre Town: $1.34, a decrease of 29 cents from last year.
For those who pay based on income, the rate is projected to increase from 2.42% to 2.46% of household income.
Barre's homestead tax rates are lower than average as compared to other Vermont towns.