Dear BUUSD families,
As the return to school approaches, one of main areas of focus for us is busing and transportation. It is going to look very different this year as we will be implementing many measures to maximize the safety of our students and staff. Transportation will only be provided for students in grades K through 8.
Parents/Guardians, if you haven't already, please fill out this bus survey that asks families whether they plan to use bus transportation or whether they can provide transportation for their child. https://forms.gle/mTUfdknZXRNJpeeV9
- Before being allowed to enter a bus, passengers must complete a screening with a temperature of 100℉ or lower.
- Screenings will be conducted by our Bus Monitor.
- Screenings conducted at home will not be considered valid.
- Face Coverings are required to ride our school buses.
- A face covering will be provided if a child doesn't have their own.
- Face coverings will also be worn by the Bus Driver and Bus Monitor at all times.
- A parent/guardian is required to stay with their child at their bus stop. In the event a child isn't allowed on the bus, a parent/guardian is responsible to bring them home.
- Students may only ride the bus between the school and one designated bus stop (two designated bus stops are allowed for a split household)
- Between each bus run, all surfaces will be cleaned to ensure each child has a clean seat each ride.
- School buses and bus seats are designed to be safe on their own, so seat belts will not be worn during these times to reduce close contact between individuals.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
All families are welcome to forgo the use of our school bus transportation and may choose to drop-off/pick-up their child(ren) in the morning/afternoon at school.
- Students who are being dropped-off will also be subject to the same screening as listed above to ensure safety of everyone at school.
- The parent/guardian dropping off their child(ren) shouldn't leave the drop-off area until their child(ren) has been approved to enter the building.
- Face coverings are required at school. If a child doesn't have their own face covering, one will be provided.
- Individuals who are self-quarantining due to close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual should not drop-off or pick-up their child(ren) at school.