Dear BUUSD families,
As the return to school approaches, one of main areas of focus for us is busing and transportation. It is going to look very different this year as we will be implementing many measures to maximize the safety of our students and staff. Transportation will only be provided for students in grades K through 8.
- Students with last names starting with the letters A - K will be assigned to Group A and will attend school in-person on Monday and Tuesday (hours 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM) and will engage in remote learning on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Students with last names starting with the letters L - Z will be assigned to Group B and will attend school in-person on Thursday and Friday (hours 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM) and engage in remote learning on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Before being allowed to enter a bus, passengers must complete a screening with a temperature of 100℉ or lower.
- Screenings will be conducted by our Bus Monitor.
- If a child's temperature is over 100℉, they will be sent home until they are fever free, without the use of any medication, for a minimum of 24 hours. Any other household members of the child with a fever will be asked to stay home as well during this time to avoid the possibility of further spread.
- A parent/guardian is required to stay with their child at their bus stop. In the event a child isn't allowed on the bus, a parent/guardian is responsible to bring them home.
- Students may only ride the bus between the school and one designated bus stop (two designated bus stops are allowed for a split household)
- Face Coverings are required to ride our school buses.
- A face covering will be provided if a child doesn't have their own.
- Face coverings will also be worn by the Bus Driver and Bus Monitor at all times.
- Between each bus run, all surfaces will be cleaned to ensure each child has a clean seat each ride.
- School buses and bus seats are designed to be safe on their own, so seat belts will not be worn during these times to reduce close contact between individuals.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
All families are welcome to forgo the use of our school bus transportation and may choose to drop-off/pick-up their child(ren) in the morning/afternoon at school.
- Parent Drop-off will begin at 8:15 AM. Students are not to be dropped off earlier. Please note, drop-off traffic could be significant with students needing to get their temperature checked before entering the building, so be prepared for the possible wait in line. We greatly appreciate your patience as we figure out how much time this process will take.
- Students who are being dropped-off will also be subject to the same screening as listed above to ensure safety of everyone at school.
- The parent/guardian dropping off their child(ren) shouldn't leave the drop-off area until their child(ren) has been approved to enter the building.
- Face coverings are required at school. If a child doesn't have their own face covering, one will be provided.
- Individuals who are self-quarantining due to close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual should not drop-off or pick-up their child(ren) at school.