Welcome to the Barre Unified Union School District (BUUSD) Special Services Department
The Barre Unified Union School District Special Services Department strives to meet the educational, social/emotional, and behavioral needs of all eligible children in grades Pre-K-12 through a variety of comprehensive programs. Students may require specialized instruction, modified curricula or accommodations in order to experience success in school and meet their individualized learning needs.
Students who require support services are often identified through an array of means including child find activities as mandated by federal law, referrals from parents, teachers, the medical community, and human service agencies.
In addition to the provision of services, our office serves as the liaison for numerous local, state, and federal programs that provide services to students including The McKinney Vento Act for the Education of Homeless Children, Interagency Coordination of Educational Stability for Students in Foster Care, School Psychologists, and Occupational and Physical Therapists.
- Child Find Notice
- VT Agency of Education Special Education Family Resources
- Special Education Procedures & Practices Manual
- Rules and Regulations Governing Special Education in VT
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards
- Vermont Family Network
- Special Education Records Act
- Section 504 Notice to Parents
- Additional A.D.A. & Section 504 Resources
- Homeless / McKinney Vento Resources
Occupational Therapist Assistant
Student Support Specialist
Special Educator, 5-8 Alternative Classroom
Speech Language Pathologist, Team 1